- Free School Meals
- Mission and Vision Statement
- Ofsted Reports, DFE School Performance Table and Results
- Parent’s Virtual Office
- Term Dates
- Meet our Governors
- PFA (Parents Friends Association)
- Academy Prospectus
- Privacy Statements
- The Click CEOP button
Equality Act 2010
The effect of the new law is the same as it has been in the past – meaning that schools cannot unlawfully discriminate against students because of their sex, race, disability, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
There are three main aims of the new equalities duty that are relevant to schools:
1) Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
2) Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
3) Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
At Jubilee Academy we welcome this new legislation and see it as an opportunity to champion the excellent work we do to promote equality. However, we also recognise that the process of ensuring equality of opportunity is an ongoing challenge that must meet the needs of an ever changing wider community.